A rock building of the early last century (1929) was renovated with respect to the traditional architecture and was transformed to a guest house. The guest house covers a built surface of 250 m2 and is built in three levels-floors. Its deep orange ochre exterior color makes it distinguishable from afar.
Upon your arrival at the private parking, you can enter from the main entrance with the rock arcade and the iron door. Going through the paved aisle, on the left there is the garden and on the right “Danae” the first ground floor room of the guest house with the impressive wooden ceiling based on old trunks of cypress. The paved aisle of the entrance and the rock stairs lead to a spacious yard, with a rock fountain surrounded by a garden, with a beautiful view to the mountain and the sea.
Rock stairs and an elaborate mosaic welcome the visitor to the main entrance, to the first floor at the big living room with the desk, the bookcase, the dining table and the rock fireplace. An old arcade separates the room from the fully equipped kitchen. To the same floor there are two independent bedrooms the “Aegean” with the king size four-poster bed, the two windows with the panoramic view to the mountain and the sea and “Dimitra” with the old iron reconstructed bed (dated from 1929).
A wooden interior flight of stairs leads from the living room of the first floor to the second floor to the “Renaissance” room with the traditional tile roof and the majestic view. From the first floor’s yard, a rock exterior flight of stairs leads also to the second floor with the wood-fired oven and the barbecue, the garden with the grass, the big pool of 40 m2 and finally the terrace-balcony of 80 m2, part of which is covered with trellis. The view is extraordinary because of the position of the guest house near the top of the hill. The calmness, the Cretan nature, the simple traditional architecture make it an ideal place for relaxation and escape from the rapid paces and the fatigue of daily routine.